|This page is referring to the final mission of the original Airforce Delta. If you are looking for the final mission from Airforce Delta Strike, see "The Confront".|
The Confrontation is the twentieth and final mission in the original Airforce Delta. It involves facing off with Colonel Zan Daas, the leader of the People's Revolution, in a one-on-one dogfight over a blood-red sea.
I have a message for you from Colonel Zan Daas, the commander of the former Dzavailar Air Force.
It says, 'I will be on the beach of the fortress city.'
The colonel was one of the leaders of the Federational Revolution.
No doubt many of the old military's soldiers followed him into this war out of personal loyalty to him.
A People's Revolution delegate has just requested the opening of a peace dialogue.
Go and finish our war.
What is there to say about this level? There's a single enemy. He spawns right in front of you. And he's not exactly that hard to shoot down. He may be piloting the MiG-1.44 MFI, but... You literally just fought a target in the previous level that was piloting the superior F-22 Raptor... What's there to say about Zan Daas?
HOOOOWEVER! If you shoot Zan Daas down with vulcans, on ANY difficulty (You CAN use missiles, but the finishing blow must be done with vulcans), you'll unlock the MFI for yourself. Otherwise, you have to beat this level on Normal difficulty to unlock it. But that's about it. You also unlock a boatload of planes for beating it the first time. Also, if you completed this level on Hard difficulty, you'll also unlock the English Electric Lightning for purchase, unless you already did the secret requirement for unlocking it earlier.
So once you shoot him down, enjoy the rather silly ending which says that somehow that one guy was behind the entire war. Sure! We'll go with that.
- This level has the fewest amount of enemies in the entire game, with just one (Zan Daas himself).
- This is the only level that has absolutely zero optional targets at all.
- This is the only level where Zan Daas is mentioned at all.
- This is the only level where you have to fight a MiG-1.44 MFI.
- This level takes a noticeably longer time to end once the target has been destroyed than other levels; in the replay, the camera pans to Zan Daas when his plane is shot down, and it is visibly shown spiraling out of control and exploding (even if he is shot down with missiles, which normally destroys the plane very quickly). The mission doesn't "end" until his plane explodes.
- In the manual, the mission location is instead known as the Carbados Sea; this is most likely due to a slightly less common translation issue where "B" and "V" are interchangeable in the Japanese language.