- "Its canard wings provide extra maneuverability at low speeds and make this otherwise standard Flanker look much cooler."
- ―Harry's description of this plane in the shop.
The Sukhoi Su-33 (NATO reporting name of "Flanker D") is an improvement to the Su-27, having both stronger engines, a strengthened undercarriage, and being carrier-capable. It is used by Leon Kleiser, and can be used by Ellen McNichol if she is freed from her brainwashing.
As to be expected, this Flanker has the same basic design as the rest of its kin; large wings, twin-engined, straight vertical stabilizers. This aircraft possesses front canards, like the Su-30MKI and the Su-37.
One of Ellen's better planes. This plane's stats are actually identical to the Su-27LL-UV(PS), right down to having the same special weapon as that plane. Therefore, performance is nearly identical to that aircraft.
(Clockwise starting from top)
|Anti Air Attack:||Very high|
|Defense:||Medium (2400 HP)|
|Anti Ground Attack:||Low|
Enemy Appearances (Missions)
- Leon Kleiser uses this aircraft in Priority. He is not a required kill, despite being labelled a target. He can also use this plane in some Stand-bys up to Phase 10.
- The alternate paint scheme used by this aircraft in AFD Strike is the same one used by Collette and Constance's Su-30MKI in the pre-mission cutscene for Night Blitz. However, this paint job is not available for the Su-30MKI in this game, but is included in the PAL version of AFD Storm.
- Strangely enough, it shares the wing size as all other Flankers. In real-life, the Su-33 has larger wings to increase lift and commondate the folding wings.