- "A rocket bomb is an unguided weapon. It only goes straight without tailing enemies, but the destructive capability is greater than a missile."
- ―Harry's description of this weapon in the shop.
The Rocket Pod is one of two rocket-type special weapons in Airforce Delta Strike. The weapon does exactly what it says on the tin; it fires a three shot burst of rockets forward. The rockets deal heavy damage to any target they hit and have splash damage to boot, but do NOT have any homing capability. Upon selecting the weapon, a cross appears on the screen, showing a rough estimate of where the weapon will aim upon being fired.
The Rocket Pod, although it can be used on both air and ground targets, is much more effective at dealing with the latter than the former. As mentioned, the rockets have no homing; this makes it much more difficult to use on flying targets, which move around and generally have good mobility. The big reason to use this weapon is because, upon getting a kill, you get a x3 cash multiplier. So if you're good at using the weapon on flying enemies, you can make tons of money with it.
- Deals heavy damage with splash
- Can be used on both air and ground targets, if you're good at aiming them
- Lots of shots
- X3 cash bonus can get you large amounts of money
- VERY difficult to aim, no guiding
- Fires rockets in bursts, which can be seen as a waste of ammo when one rocket is generally enough to destroy a target