- "This is a release-type bomb. It affects a wide area since it spreads fire when it lands."
- ―Harry's description of this weapon in the shop.
The Napalm Bomb is a bomb-type special weapon in Airforce Delta Strike. This bomb, when it hits the ground, explodes and sends a wave of fire forward, dealing damage to enemies in a line. However, it trades this factor for a lack of splash damage over a wide radius, and having somewhat less damage. Upon selecting the weapon, a pip will appear on the ground, indicating an estimate of where the bomb will land.
Napalm Bombs tend to be more expensive than unguided bombs, generally selling for about 40,000 Credits.
Napalm Bombs are decent for attacking enemies that are lined up. However, these instances tend to be somewhat rare, therefore making the weapon less than optimal in a lot of ground based situations. It's much more likely a group of enemies will be in a group rather than a straight line, making unguided bombs the better option, usually.
- Okay at anti ground operations
- Can take out targets that are lined up
- X3 cash bonus can get you large amounts of money
- No guiding; weapon can be hard to aim
- Very few situations where this is more useful than an unguided bomb
- Can be somewhat awkward to aim thanks to the weapon's forward-traveling fire wave
- Less ammo than unguided bombs; 30 vs 50
- Generally weaker than unguided bombs
- Impossible to use on air targets, unless you practically fly into them to release the bomb on top of them