Mobile Infantry is the seventeenth mission in the original Airforce Delta. It involves attacking a gigantic naval base and sinking many advanced naval carriers there, as well as destroying the main facilities.
Our forces are planning a landing on the Klonne Island, the stronghold of the People's Federation Government.
Our mission will be to precede the landing with an eradication of the remaining enemy fleet.
There are unconfirmed reports of large vessels left in the fleet.
There are also indications that the survivors of the old Air Force will be joining the fray en masse.
This will not be an easy fight.
Woo! This level is gigantic and really fun! There's so much to destroy in this place. See all those enemies listed down there? Yeah, that totals to 56 enemies. That's a lot. There's even more on the harder difficulties, as well!
So if you wanna reap all the rewards of killing everything, make sure you pick a plane that's well armed! The F-22 Raptor is by far the best option, as it's packing 80 missiles. And you'll need all of them.
So first off, you spawn in next to four Sea Shadows. They go down fairly easily. Their gimmick is that they're stealth ships! It's not that useful considering they don't move. There's also a CV-X nearby, basically a stealth aircraft carrier. It doesn't actually spawn aircraft; it basically acts like a destroyer with, again, stealth capabilities that's barely useful.
On the base itself, there are loads of facilities! Huge numbers of hangars, control towers, and... Well, facilities! Not everything is a target, so if you're just focused on the targets, react accordingly.
The only target plane amidst the huge swarms of them is the Su-47 (Who is the raddest fucking Su-47 you'll ever see... Look at that paint job!). He's not that hard. Just be careful about the swarms of enemies and missile pods nearby (there are ten of those buggers in the stage).
This mission isn't too hard, but it's really fun to go crazy and destroy everything. And you'll get huge amounts of money (depending on your play-style, well over a million).
Also, if you gunkill the target Su-47, you actually unlock it to purchase! Another secret plane. This one isn't as ridiculously priced as the EEL. Normally, you just have to complete the game to unlock the Su-47 for purchase, so this isn't as useful as the EEL's secret. Especially since the Berkut is outclassed by the Raptor at this point.
- On Normal difficulty and higher, this level is tied with Oil Refinery Seizure for having the most targets to destroy.
- Also, in this level, all 66 of the destructible targets are enemies you can destroy without penalty. In Oil Refinery Seizure, the vast bulk of the 66 enemies are Oil Tanks that give you a penalty for destroying them.
- This is the last level in the game where there are naval targets.
- It is also the last to have optional ground targets.
- In the PAL version of the GBC port of Airforce Delta (Or Deadly Skies as its known in the PAL region), the credits image for this mission is used for the boxart for the game.
- Pinpoint and Blinded in Airforce Delta Storm feature base targets that heavily resemble the AA Radar target from this mission.
- In addition, the ASE enemies located in later missions of Airforce Delta Storm heavily resemble the Stealth Ship/Sea Shadows from this mission.
- On Normal difficulty and higher, there are two types of the Missile Pod enemy; one has the correct spelling of "Missile Pod", the other has the spelling of "MSSL Pod". The "MSSL Pods" constitute the increase of enemies on Normal difficulty and higher. This second type of Missile Pod appears on other missions on higher difficulties as well.
- In the manual, the mission location is instead given the name "Sea of Lemnos".
- Fleet Attack in Airforce Delta Strike has allied CV-Xes in the E.D.A.F. fleet.