|This article or section is Under Construction.|
Please check back later or contribute to the page to add as much as you can.
- "Don't ask me about this weapon. I can't tell you."
- ―Harry's description of this weapon in the shop.
The Lightning Sword is a unique special weapon in Airforce Delta Strike which can only be used by the Super Fighter. It is a weapon unlike any other. Upon selecting the weapon, a cross appears on the screen, showing a rough estimate of where the weapon will aim upon being fired.
The Lightning Sword, on the outset, seems like a really awesome weapon. When used, a massive blue laser is unleashed in front of the craft. Anything that's hit by the attack is destroyed, and it can pierce enemies and objects easily. Cool, right? But there are massive problems with the weapon. Firstly, the hitbox of the weapon is very hard to gauge; despite how huge it looks, the actual hitbox isn't nearly as large, which makes aiming very awkward. Although it does deal severe damage, the simple fact is it's nigh impossible to aim. Not just because of the odd hitbox; the damn weapon literally blinds you due to the massive size of the weapon obscuring your vision, no matter what camera view you're in.
- Looks rad
- Deals a severe amount of damage
- Instantaneous projectile; no way to dodge it
- X3 cash bonus can get you large amounts of money
- Hitbox is severely misleading; hard to actually aim properly because of this
- Pitiful ammo; only 10 shots
- Can't see shit when it's active
- This special weapon is a direct reference to the same attack from the original Trigon arcade game; when used, a massive blue laser is fired in front of the player's ship, which deals heavy damage to enemies caught in the radius. The shape of the laser is also very similar in the two games.